vrijdag 3 juni 2016

Friday-evening visit

I felt the need of visiting my friends grave
For some time already, and this evening
I just couldn't ignore this feeling, so there I went.

He passed away, September of last year,
my big, dear friend

I only visited his grave once before
And it was by then that I also could hear
His voice, couldn't be ignored
Familiar, enthousiastic as he's always been

Pointing me the way to walk
As I forgot where they had laid him down.
Same thing happened this very evening,

I could hear his voice, talk
When I thought I went wrong,
and was turning around to take the other path,
I stronlgy got pulled back, he said: 'don't go on'
Within a second,
I suddenly stood
right in front of his humble grave

'Oh' I said, full of surprise
'Here it is', he gently said
Westham United scarf's still with him
*
So we had a chat
'Westham did extremely well, this season'
that is what I said,

I heard him laugh
Ofcourse, he'd seen it all

So we talked on, about football,
what happened and what became true,
we talked together, as we'd  usually do
*
He said he agreed
that we would meet up over here
instead of in our mutual pub
As I told him I couldn't go there
since he left this earth,
And the place has changed a lot,
It was no longer our spot
*
We chatted on untill I had to leave
The western wind was coming up
on the very moment I said I would go

Just like the other day
I did feel pretty sad
when I had to walk away,
But in my back I felt
a little push,
it was him, telling me it was ok
*
To my big surprise
the world outside the graveyard
had changed within the time I spent
with him, it was akward
Big fog suddenly had come up

In the silence of the foggy world
I just drove away
in big, grey, covering veils
Giving the world this touch
of mysterious way


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten