zondag 25 september 2016

Who is really confused?

Saturday early evening in the park
Tranquility in the air
Sky is colouring all kinds of blue
Earth is giving this lovely early-autumn-scent
And the sound is silence
*
Two men fishing in the pond
A third man walking away
Morrigan thought he was with them
But he wasn't
*
The third man went to the water
saying things I couldn't understand
Leaning on the trunk
of the willow weeping just above the water
He suddenly turned around
at the moment I came along
*
I knew I shouldn't look him in the eye
As he had a madman's voice
And not of a kind one
He sounded raw and angry,
With no control or humanity
But I had to glimpse and got shocked
of the anger on the face
*
He started shouting when he saw me
Something about women
I just took ferm steps when I passed by,
Hoping he wouldn't run
Back he went onto the path
on walking and shouting
unclear things, I didn't look back
*
Then a cyclist came, what a relief
Minute later I heard the madman screaming at him:
'You can not cycle here'
and tried to stop him
Cyclist shouted something back
The madman let him go, but threatened,
he said:
'Next time I'm gonna beat you up'

Saturday-evening,
Tranquility broken in the air
Sky had the blues
And earth was still giving this beautiful scent
*
Relief when I felt the madman had chosen another path
Not the path I had chosen to walk when I had passed the pond
*
At home I thought
Hurrah for government
that choses not to help
poor people in mental need
by letting shrinks make bills
only rich can pay
So that the papers can tell amazing tales
of 'confused' persons
*
And I wonder
even when I got a bit anxious by meeting a madman as I did

Who on earth is really confused?






Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten