vrijdag 11 september 2015

Butterfly

I was giving him a tribute,
my dear friend who'd just passed away
I paid him honour
in oldfashioned magical way:
with a good glass of beer
in our common café
the one where we used to meet and cheer

I was sitting on the terrace
when out of nowhere
a butterfly came by
He didn't feel no menace
No menace at all,
He easily choose his place
right there, in front of me,
waving his wings, then up and then down
again, and again,
for a second it made me frown

He was in no hurry,
no hurry, no stress,
He stayed there right with me
untill I emptied my glass
He then flew away from that terrace
away into the sky

I know it was him,
knowing I came there
to feel that old feeling,
of him and me, sitting and dreaming,
He came up to meet me,
while I was saying goodbye

Goodbye to you,
My friend
High in the sky

It was the last time I visited our café,
because this place was our place,
meaning me ànd you and a good glass of beer
and a very good talk

Goodbye my friend,
And thanks for being with me
in our common café

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten